the hotter it gets.
the older i feel.
80 years old.
81. another year. fahrenheit heightens. another step toward
82. dry skin. cracking loam. becoming less of a man. alone.
83. can’t breathe. can’t see. what goals left unachieved, too old to
84. hospice. clausterphobic tunnel. in my own capsule. melting
85. sun bursting. son coming. blinding. the
“the five-year forecast is not so cool, over to you adrienne.”
“thanks chris. hello, i’m adrienne bennett and up next
we’ll take a look into your next life, live at 6.”
and the credits pass on the screen.